First Aid & Mountain Leader courses
INVALUABLE FIRST AID AND MOUNTAINEERING KNOWLEDGE
2021 Dates Published Soon...
Courses with Imagine & Wildmed
透過與Wilderness Medical Associates的合作，意漫群獨特的體驗式學習法，能訓練參與者的生存技能、緊急情況下危機處理等反應的課程。
Courses with Imagine & Wildmed
Learn how to think critically during emergencies in a wilderness setting
For these medical courses, we partner with Wilderness Medical Associates. WMA has set the standard in wilderness medicine for over 30 years. Their thought-provoking curriculum is updated by a group of healthcare professionals and is recognised around the world.
For outdoor enthusiasts, remote professionals and wilderness leaders looking to develop their first aid knowledge and leadership skills, this Taipei based course covers a cutting edge curriculum with practical skills trained in a classroom setting in Taipei and practical elements trained in the field.
A course designed for outdoor enthusiasts spending time in significantly remote settings for days or weeks.
Wilderness Advanced First Aid is comprehensive medical training designed for remote professionals or wilderness leaders who venture into remote and challenging environments. Wilderness Medicine differs significantly from standard first aid courses and other training that are oriented toward urban environments. This course teaches how to manage medical emergencies when hospitals and rescue services may not be available for an extensive time period. We prepare students for emergency situations that involve prolonged patient care, severe environments, and improvised equipment.
- Day 1 – Introduction/Registration; Systems Based Critical Thinking; Infection Control; Patient Assessment System; Circulatory & Respiratory Systems; Adult CPR; Basic Life Support
- Day 2 – Quiz/Case Studies; Nervous System, Spine Management; Musculoskeletal Injuries; Lifts, Moves, and Extrications; Splints – Extremities; Patient Assessment Drills
- Day 3 – Quiz/Case Studies; Thermoregulation; Bites and Stings; Lightning; Elective Topics; Wounds and Burns; Allergies and Anaphylaxis; Improvised Patient Carries; Patient Assessment Drills
- Day 4 – Case Study Review; Elective Topic; Backcountry Medicine; Medical and Legal Issues; Patient Assessment Drills; Simulations; Final Exam; Conclusion
This course is scheduled for 4-days or 36 to 40 hours of instructional and practice time. Upon successful completion students will receive certification in Wilderness Advanced First Aid and Adult CPR. Certification is valid for three years. The course is registered for 36 hours of continuing education credit through the CAPCE.
All teaching materials will be at no additional cost. Students will receive the following books on this course:
- The Field Guide of Wilderness Medicine & Rescue
- SOAP Notebook
- The Outward Bound Wilderness First-Aid Handbook
- Wilderness Advanced First Aid Class Notes
Successful completion with certification is based on 100% attendance, satisfactory performance on homework assignments and written quizzes, demonstrated proficiency with practical skills, and a successful grade on a final written exam. We are committed to making reasonable accommodation to any student with special needs.
Students must be at least 16 years old to participate in this course. Those under 18 years of age will require the written consent of a parent or guardian.
Book your place on the 2020 course now
*NT$500 group discount available - 3+ participants signing up together will receive a NT$500 discount each. Just reference group members names in the sign-up form below.